Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Evolutionary Publishing: The Next Step In The Journey

I want to start by saying, THANK YOU to every person who voted for Cursed Awakening for the  Critters P&E poll. Cursed Awakening was in the top 10, earning the number 7 spot among some pretty great authors, including Amanda Ashley. Thank you so very much and I hope to have more books that all of you will enjoy reading! The story of Nyx's family is hardly over and soon, you'll have the second installment.


Now let's talk Evolutionary Publishing. My journey started with that dreaded vanity publisher whom shall remain nameless, and in my despair of believing that perhaps I had missed the boat on my stories, in came a woman named Denyse Bridger, who is a phenom author in her own right, that encouraged me to not give up and introduced me to XoXo Publishing. XoXo Publishing took me on and I am totally grateful for what they not only did for me but for my family. Now my journey has taken another turn; another step to my ultimate goal with Evolutionary Publishing. Penny Adams and her team are challenging me as an author to succeed and being part of their team of authors, I am ready to be challenged and pushed. XoXo Publishing gave me a great spring board and now at Evolutionary Publishing, I am ready for the the next evolution of my career as an author. I am paying my dues and learning so much along the way. I still hate editing, but what author doesn't? I guess there are some that love that part of it, but I am not one of them simply because I am my own worst critic. I hope to be able to get some more published titles under my belt and Evolutionary Publishing is just the vehicle to do it.

I still get some of you out there that ask me all the time, "I love to write, but I'm afraid to go that next step. What should I do?" Well, the only advice I can give you is to keep that love of writing and put it out there. You're not going to be published by letting the fear cripple you or putting it on social networks hoping that a publisher will happen by and read your stories. YOU HAVE TO GET SERIOUS AND DO THE WORK! Write your stories and follow submission guidelines and go for it. You will probably get a dozen or more rejections but it only takes one to open the door. That door will never open as long as you let fear keep you from trying. Be your own EVOLUTION and take the chance. Take lots of chances. We only get one life and we might as well do all we can while we have that life to live. If you think you have a  great story and you are passionate about writing; you eat, sleep, and live to write-then what are you waiting for?

                                                       






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the whole idea behind Evolutionary Nikki, is to grow and evolve and become better. Thank you for this plug and your encouraging words to other authors. I am looking forward to the next book you write, now quit whining about them and get back to those edits!
love
Your Publisher

Denysé Bridger said...

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it? Well done, and congratulations again, Nikki, on a WIN well earned!!

Love, D

author nikki noffsinger said...

Ladies thank you so much! You're mentorship, support, much needed laughter, and many times much needed iron has helped me more times than you both of you know. The edits are going but I have writer's A.D.D., because Shiloh is getting wolfie about his story being put on hold, I have a mad stripper who had her midnight snack interrupted, a Russian wolf who is dying to get his doggy style on with a certain southern vet tech, and a disfigured fallen angel who is actively stalking his Beauty. However, the edits, I've got them front and center.