Thursday, November 3, 2011

BOYCOTT PUBLISH AMERICA NOW

I hate to say this, but at some point a person has to take a stand against wrong doing. You all know I published my book, Renegade Night with the vanity press Publish America. For the past 2 years I've been fighting to get my contract dissolved with them. I put in so much hard work with my book but I can no longer in good conscience keep promoting my book because of the recent news story covered by the Huffington Press, about Publish America publishing a children's book by a known serial killer. When I read the story it not only made me sick at my stomach, but it also infuriated me. What's next, a romance novel by a rapist or a children's book by a pedophile? This vanity press could care less-so I am asking everyone to please boycott Publish America. I am not asking that you discredit the hundreds of authors who like me, worked so very hard, but our reputations as credible authors hangs in the balance. Publish America shames us all with their lack of doing background checks in their acquisitions. He didn't write a book about his crime or his incarceration. He wrote a children's novel. Serial killers are not just your typical murderer-they're seriously mentally imbalanced. Remember, John Wayne Gacey was a clown that performed at Senior Citizen homes as well as other public functions. So for them to have even taken his manuscript is disturbing. Would you want your child having a book or having access to a children's story written by a Serial Killer? Here is the link to the news story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/serial-killer-charles-kembo-book_n_1070290.html

No comments: